We're extremely excited to co-host the very first Free-Wheeling Single Girl Sew-Along with Denyse Schmidt and The Next Stitch!
We'll be taking you through the updated and revised version of Denyse's witty and timeless version of a Double Wedding Ring. The pattern includes guidelines for improvising the ring piecing. The Free-Wheeling Single Girl pattern includes easy-to-use instructions, templates (for the background pieces), and measurements to create your own Free-Wheeling Single Girl quilt in baby, twin, queen, or king sizes, and a pillow sham.
Free-Wheeling Single Girl Sew-Along Schedule:
We'll be starting on September 10th and it will be a 6 week sew-along. This sewalong will take place on Instagram using the hashtag #freewheelingsinglegirlsal If you're sewing along make sure to follow and tag your picture so everyone can see your progress. It's also a great way to connect with others that are sewing along.
- Week 1 - Gather your materials for the sew-along, you'll need the pattern and fabric. Sewtopia and the Next Stitch will have templates for purchase.
- Week 2 - Cutting and piecing your rings, aim to make 8 arcs
- Week 3 - Trimming and piecing your arcs
- Week 4 - Cut background and construct your blocks
- Week 5 - Catchup
- Week 6 - Sew your blocks together for a complate quilt top!
What do you need to start?
- You'll need the Free-Wheeling Single Girl Pattern, the pattern is available in our shop or you can buy direct from Denyse Schmidt. (Link to Purchase)
- Fill out the RSVP form (below) for weekly updates from us, Denyse Schmidt, and The Next Stitch
- Purchase the acrylic templates (optional) (Link to Purchase)
- Fabric! Both Sewtopia and The Next Stitch will be running promotions on fabric. Once you sign up you'll be getting a special promotion code to purchase.
[googleapps domain="docs" dir="forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfdaRobApsHemgLljHJzYNi2KCljbnOXOB3ncbjrNasqSDQOQ/viewform" query="embedded=true" width="700" height="520" /]