Hello & Welcome to the Tattoo Block of the Month! We've teamed up with Berene Campbell of Happy Sew Lucky to host the Tattoo Quilt Block of the Month.
Tattoo Quilt is no ordinary quilt. It is an epic voyage into your heart, via your sewing space, that will take you to places of excitement, frustration, delight, self-reflection ...and eventually awesome empowerment! The quilt was design by Berene Campbell, and began in January 2017, one block per month, each with one word that was relevant to current affairs that month. The quilt captures a personal journey of searching for positivity during a challenging time of political turmoil worldwide. Berene designed the blocks in the style of vintage tattoos because, like tattoos, the events that were occurring in the world were indelible and cannot be erased from our history. Tattoo are also used historically as a means of documenting events in people’s lives. Her goal for this quilt was that to process our feelings, and to provoke dialogue and empathy across borders, whether those borders be geographical, political, religious or even within your friends and family.
Tattoo Quilt Size – 63" x 72"
Techniques – Foundation Paper Piecing
Difficulty – Confident beginner
- Background Fabric
- 21 colorful solids total 10-1/2yds
- Special quilting discount from Knot and Thread Design
- Backing Fabric
- Binding Fabric
Note: This BOM starts June 2020 and will run for 12 months. Fabric will be shipping the week of June 15th.
Schedule: Each month we will make one block of the Tattoo Quilt:
- June – Initial Shipment of your choice background + fabrics for the TRUTH block
- July – fabrics for HOPE block
- August – fabrics for LOVE block
- September – fabrics for COURAGE block
- October – fabrics for FURY block
- November – fabrics for MOXIE block
- December – fabrics for PEACE CRANES block
- January – fabrics for WISDOM block
- February – fabrics for GRACE block
- March – fabrics for RESPECT block
- April – fabrics for OPEN HEART OPEN MIND block
- What's my monthly fee?
- What's included in my first shipment?