Sewtopia’s Sewing Lounge will be open Thursday, November 7th at 5pm and will close that night at midnight. It will reopen on Friday and Saturday at 8:00am to midnight. Sunday’s schedule will be 8:00am to noon.
Attendees will pick their seat on Thursday when it opens and will remain there for the weekend. If you’re brings a machine or items don’t worry about carrying them back to your room – Sewtopia and the hotel will lock the main ballroom each night. This time is your is yours to finish up projects or sightsee with friends.
General notions will be provided in the room like irons, cutting mats, and rotary cutters.
Sewtopia will do one official secret swap that attendees can participate in. This is a blind swap, meaning we will not assign you a partner. We ask that that you bring your swap item WRAPPED to the event at check-in and Sewtopia will distribute swap gifts Friday night to open Saturday morning. If you bring an item to swap you get one back.
Smalls Swap | #sewtopiaswap
- If you’re on Instagram, please use this hashtag so others can cheer you on and support your creative process.
- Money limit is $15, don’t break the bank!
- Bring your swap item wrapped to Sewtopia Seattle
- Make sure there’s something saying who it’s from like a label or a slip of paper.
- Smalls category would be anything smaller than a 24×24 pillow or mini, mug rug, pin cushion, something for a sewing area, or a pouch.
- Make something that you love, out of fabrics you adore.
- The folks of Sewtopia will do the secret swap Friday night after the sewing lounge closes. The swap items will be at your sewing station for Saturday morning for you to open.
- Don’t worry if you don’t do the swap. We will hand out swap gifts only to those who participated.
- If you have any questions, email us at [email protected] or post your question in our Facebook Group
Sewtopia Seattle takes place at the Residence Inn by Marriott Seattle Downtown / Convention Center. The hotel is located only a few blocks from Pike Place Market, the Space Needle, Safeco Field, and more.
$239.00 Studio King Studio (taxes and fees are not included)
$239.00 Queen Bed Studio (taxes and fees are not included)
If you’re flying in, the airport you want is Sea-Tac Airport airport code is SEA.
Driving from the airport (30 minute travel time):
- Take the 1st left on 7th Ave, then drive for 32 miles
- Take the 2nd right onto Olive Way then drive for 6 miles
- Turn slight left onto Howell St. then drive for 13 miles
- Turn left onto Terry Ave and drive for 3 miles and the hotel should be on your left
Link light rail system fare $3.00 (40 minute travel time)
- Take the light rail system North (40 minutes)
- Stop at Westlake Station
- 4.5 blocks walk to the hotel
Residence Inn by Marriott Seattle Downtown / Convention Center charges $40 for overnight parking
We’ve setup a discounted room block for the group with the hosting hotel for the event. Please check back for more information on the reservation link. Book your hotel room as soon as you can, we’ve sold out on our hotel block many times.
If you’re flying in, the airport you want is the Sea-Tax Airport airport code is SEA
Shoot us an email at [email protected]
The Residence Inn by Marriott Seattle Downtown / Convention Center 1815 Terry Ave Seattle, WA 98101
Lunches will be provided in your full registration fee for Friday and Saturday. Breakfasts will be provided by the hotel while you’re staying there. You will be own for dinner. When we select the hotel for Sewtopia Seattle, we put attendees in the smack middle of downtown Seattle, so you won’t have a hard time finding a good place to eat. If you know or need suggestions, please join our Facebook Group and start the discussion there.
We will contact you via email 3 months before the event with important details. If you haven’t hear from us, check your spam (and mark us NOT SPAM). We will also suggest that you join our Facebook Group to discuss travel and project details. Also keep tabs on our Instagram account for updates.
One of the things we manage with each event is sewing machines. Making sure everyone has a sewing machine is extremely important.
Sewtopia provides sixty (60) sewing machines for our events. Sewing machines are first come first serve. We will contact one month after registration to confirm that you have a sewing machine reserved in your name. We will also ask whether you can bring your personal sewing machine instead of using one of the Juki sewing machines, especially if you’re local or traveling to the event via car. If you are on the waitlist and purchase a ticket, then you will likely not get a machine since it’s first come, first served.
Sewtopia Registration tickets are non-refundable, except in the event that we can find another person to purchase the ticket. Refunds are given in through Paypal. Refunds are also contingent on amount of time until the event occurs.
- 11 months to 5 months from the event – refund in full minus the $50 administration fee
- 4 months to 3 months from the event – refund 50% of the total ticket cost
- 2 months to 1 month from the event – refund 0% but you have the right to sell your ticket on your own. The transfer fee of $50 still applies.
Please make sure you have received the funds before transferring your ticket. Once you’ve received your funds please email us at [email protected] and we’ll arrange the details with you and the new attendee.