Sewtopia’s Sewing Lounge will be open Thursday, November 4th at 5pm and will close that night at midnight. It will reopen on Friday and Saturday at 8:00am to midnight. Sunday’s schedule will be 8:00am to noon.
Attendees will pick their seat on Thursday when it opens and will remain there for the weekend. If you’re brings a machine or items don’t worry about carrying them back to your room – Sewtopia and the hotel will lock the main ballroom each night. This time is yours is yours to finish up projects or sightsee with friends.
General notions will be provided in the room like irons, cutting mats, and rotary cutters.
Sewtopia will do one official secret swap that attendees can participate in. This is a blind swap, meaning we will not assign you a partner. We ask that that you bring your swap item WRAPPED to the event at check-in and Sewtopia will distribute swap gifts Friday night to open Saturday morning. If you bring an item to swap you get one back.
Smalls Swap | #sewtopiaswap
- If you’re on Instagram, please use this hashtag so others can cheer you on and support your creative process.
- Money limit is $15, don’t break the bank!
- Bring your swap item wrapped to Sewtopia Seattle
- Make sure there’s something saying who it’s from like a label or a slip of paper.
- Smalls category would be anything smaller than a 24×24 pillow or mini, mug rug, pin cushion, something for a sewing area, or a pouch.
- Make something that you love, out of fabrics you adore.
- The folks of Sewtopia will do the secret swap Friday night after the sewing lounge closes. The swap items will be at your sewing station for Saturday morning for you to open.
- Don’t worry if you don’t do the swap. We will hand out swap gifts only to those who participated.
- If you have any questions, email us at [email protected] or post your question in our Facebook Group
Sewtopia Orlando takes place at Hyatt Place Orlando/Lake Buena Vista. The hotel is located only a mile from Walt Disney World Resort, where you can relax, stay connected, and enjoy the best of the area. Right around the corner you’ll find shopping, dining, attractions, and more exciting things to do if you get tired of sewing.
$149.00 Double Queen Beds (taxes and fees are not included)
If you’re flying in, the airport you want is Orlando International Airport – MCO.
Driving from the airport (30 minute travel time)