Sewtopia and Tara Faughnan have returned for a Second Season of Color Collective! Join us on a colorful adventure that will expand your color palette and quilting skills. Every month you will receive a custom curated bundle Bella Solids handpicked by Tara as well as a block pattern designed by Tara. In addition you will receive tips and tricks to make the block via video, access to a private Facebook group where you can get advice and feedback from Tara, Sewtopia, and other members. Each month we will have a monthly giveaway exclusive to the Color Collective members. The Color Collective is a 7 month subscription that automatically delivers to your door and email. Sign up today to start your colorful journey!
Tara is a professional freelance textile designer and quilter living and working in Oakland, CA. She started to quilt around 2001 or so, using as her guide a reprint of the 1931 edition of 101 Patchwork Patterns by Ruby Short McKim. She had no idea such things as rotary cutters, rulers or plastic templates existed, and spent many happy weeks tracing around cardboard templates and cutting out pieces with a pair of scissors.
Color interaction is the key inspiration that drives Tara. It's that intuitive moment when you put two colors together, and then two more, and two more after that has become the focus of her work. The explorations are endless and Tara strives to find the line that exists somewhere between harmony and discord, while still making everything work together as a whole.
SPECIAL GUEST Sewtopia and Tara would like to welcome Denyse Schmidt as a Special Guest to the Color Collective. Instead of a normal six month subscription, we are extending it one month, where Denyse will take over and curate a solid bundle and incorporate it in her own block pattern.
A former graphic designer and graduate of Rhode Island School of Design, Denyse Schmidt has changed the way we think about quilts. Intrigued by the rich historical nature of quilts and inspired by beauty born of necessity, Denyse adds her distinctive aesthetic sensibility – clean, spare lines, rich color and bold graphics – to this rich art form.
Though firmly rooted in the techniques of American quilt-making, Denyse Schmidt is renowned for her fresh, offbeat approach to design and color and has won acclaim from the worlds of art, design and craft. As author of Denyse Schmidt Quilts (Chronicle Books, 2005) and Modern Quilts, Traditional Inspiration (STC Craft, 2012); fabric designer for FreeSpirit and Fabric Traditions; and teacher of a series of popular improvisational patchwork piecing workshops; Denyse continues to inspire with her witty take on tradition. Denyse’s studio is located in a historic factory building in Bridgeport, Connecticut.
What's in each month's subscription?
- 12 half yard curated solids each month
- A downloadable block pattern that coordinates with color palette.
- Access to a private Facebook community group where Tara will share tips and tricks each month about the technique and color palette, and where you can receive advice and feedback on your projects.
- Access to tutorial videos done by Tara.
- 20% on solid fabrics s for the duration of your membership
Monthly Technique Based Block
Each month you will receive via email to download a technique based block written by Tara. The block measurement can vary each month. Each block:
- List of materials needs to complete block
- Yardage to complete a quilt
- Tips & Tricks
- How to's
- Color sheet
- Additional Colors to help expand the color palette
Examples of some of the skills and techniques we'll be taught each month are:
- Foundation Paper Piecing
- English Paper Piecing
- Freezer Paper Piecing
- Hand Sewing
- And more!
- How does the subscription work?
- The sign up period is from 8/29/19 to 10/18/19. On the 20th your subscription fee will be taken out and the bundle will ship within the week and arrive prior to the pattern delivery on the 1st of the month. You'll will be ready to sew in the beginning of the month
- When will I see Denyse's block??
- Denyse will be the month of April 2020 and she'll be curate her own solids along with a block pattern.
- How will I know it's shipped?
- You'll get an automatic shipping notification with tracking from Sewtopia
- I can't access my blocks
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- What skill level is this geared towards?
- This is geared toward all quilters! If you need help then both Sewtopia and Tara will be on Instagram and Facebook to help you through each month.
- What is the cost of shipping?
- For our US customers, shipping will be a flat $7.00 and for international customers it will be $20.00
- How can I cancel my subscription?
- You may cancel at any time. Simply log into you account and cancel there or you can email us at email@example.com to cancel
- Can I put my subscription on hold?
- Yes, you can put your subscription on hold by logging into your account or you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to hold
- What happens if I moved?
- Just email us at email@example.com before your renewal date and we can update your mailing address.
- Can I combine my orders?
- Yes, we can combine your orders. Please leave us a note at check out. Shipping overages will be refunded accordingly.
- I would like to gift this subscription, is that possible?
- Yes! Just tell us that this is a gift in the note section and make sure that the Ship-To address is to the receiver and we will make sure the packing slip is noted without the amount.
- You didn't answer my question
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll try our best.